JEE MAIN 2018 COUNSELLING
JoSAA will be accountable for JEE Main 2018 Counselling session along with that of JEE Advanced and will be held for admissions to NITs, IITs, and other contributing CFTIs.
On the basis of Merit list, applicants will be called for JEE Main 2018 Counselling.The counselling will begin from 1st week of July 2018. The process of counselling will be moved to CSAB and JoSAA that is Joint Seat Allocation Authority.
There will be 4 rounds in the counselling process. First 3 rounds will be controlled by JoSAA and the last & final round will be controlled by CSAB. JEE Main Counselling 2018 will be entirely be directed via online based.
Steps involved in JEE Main 2018 Counselling
Step 1 – Online Process
- Firstly, start searching for the link of Counselling 2018 &Click on it and the link will be active soon. Enter JEE Main 2017 Roll Number and Password.
- Next, click on Login button and carefully go through the directions given.
- Once finished, click on “I Agree”
- JoSAA Registration Form will appear in front of you where you need to fill all the necessary data
- Select the Declaration and click on submit button
- Confirm all the specifics and click on “Confirm Registration” button.
Step 2 – Online Select Filling and Locking
- Select Choice Available option where you need to select the Institute, its name, and course putting on for.
- Next, includes clicking on Choice Filling & Locking option where you have to select your Liking College and program.
Select as several options as you can. Selections can be taken in reducing the order of preferences.
- Aspirants has the choice for change/edit/delete their filled selections
- Lock your selections before the last date by clicking on Lock Choice.
Choices cannot be altered once locked.
- Locking will be done after each round of JEE Main 2017 Aspirants can fill and lock the upgraded choice in the successive rounds.
Step 3 – JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment
JoSAA, the seat allotment, and the counselling will take into account the subsequent factors before assigning the highest possible seat according to aspirants’ choices:
- All India Rank (AIR) of the aspirant in JEE Main 2017 rank list(s)
- The category like GEN, OBC-NCL, SC, etc. of the aspirant.
- As per the importance order of selections by the aspirants for academic courses and institute.
- Obtainability of seats in different seat quotas /seat classes for which the aspirant is eligible.
- Business rules comprise:-
- Aspirants will be communicated through the registered email ID or SMS on registered mobile number on seat allotment a few days after choice locking.
Step 4 – Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- Aspirants have to concern the seat acceptance fee for the allotted seats through e-Challan/SBI Net Banking For provisional seat acceptance, they have to get all the documents confirmed at the reporting center.
- Once finished, the aspirants will be supplied a provisional admission letter.
For all aspirants other than GEN-PwD/OBC- SC/ST/SC-PwD/ST-PwD/ NCL-PWD, the seat acceptance fee amounts to Rs. 45,000, while aspirants belonging to SC/ST/SC-PWD/ST-PWD/GEN-PwD/OBC-NCL-PwDgroups will have to remit Rs. 20,000 as seat acceptance fee.
Step 5 – Reporting to the Allotted College
- The last step includes in counselling and seat allotment process of JEE Main 2018.
- Report to the allotted institutes with original certificates and documents.
Documents necessary during JEE Main 2018 Counselling
- JEE Main Admit Card 2018.
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- 3 passport size photographs (the same as uploaded during registration
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- JEE Main 2017 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2017 Score Card