JEE MAIN 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Applicants must fulfill prescribed eligibility circumstances before they apply for JEE Main 2018. From the admission year 2017-18, CBSE has added new eligibility conditions. The particulars of eligibility criteria are as follows:
Aadhaar Card Number
All the Indian citizen applicants, who want to apply for JEE Main 2018, must have Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI. While filling application form of JEE (Main)–2018, the applicants will be mandatory, to enter their details which are as follows:
Engineering Students? Read Below Lines Carefully
Download IIT JEE Main Study Material or Read Free Click Here
- Aadhaar card number,
- Date of birth,
which will be established with the UIDAI’s data. In case, there is a discrepancy in the details, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for JEE Main 2018.
Facility for J&K, Assam and Meghalaya applicants
The aspirants, who have already finished or pursuing Class 12th examination from the states of J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam, they need to enter the passport number, bank account number, ration card number, or any other applicable Govt. identity number provided they must select the city of entrance test in these states only.
JEE Main 2018 Educational requirement
- The weight of 12th scores will not be reflected for calculating JEE Main All India Rank from 2018.
- As per MHRD authorized declaration, for applicants to qualify for admissions to IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs, they must have gained a minimum of 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class exam systematized by the individual Boards. For SC/ST group the minimum succeeding marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
- Applicants, who want to appear in JEE Main 2018, should have done class 12th or any corresponding qualifying examination either in 2016 or 2017.
- Aspirants, following in class 12th or any corresponding qualifying exam in the year 2018, may also apply.
- Aspirants should have done 12thor other corresponding qualifying examination with minimum five subjects.
Number of Attempts
The aspirant can attempt JEE Main exam 3 times only.
Aspirant’s date of birth must fall on or after 01 October 1993 (for general applicants) and 01, October 1988 (for applicants from SC, ST, and PWD class)
If you have any question ask us through the comment box below.