- 1 NEET(UG) 2019
- 2 NEET(UG) 2019 Important Dates
- 3 NEET(UG) 2019 Important Books
- 4 NEET(UG) 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 NEET(UG) 2019 Application Form
- 6 NEET(UG) 2019 Examination Pattern
- 7 NEET(UG) 2019 Syllabus
- 8 NEET(UG) 2019 Official Website
- 9 NEET(UG) 2019 Preparation
- 10 NEET(UG) 2019 Cut-Off
- 11 NEET(UG) 2019 Examination Result
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET(UG) 2019 is the doorway to admission in MBBS and BDS courses at the top medical colleges of the country that are run with the approval of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India (under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India). NEET(UG) 2019 is also applicable for admission to AIIMS and JIPMER (Puducherry).
NEET(UG) 2019 Important Dates
|Online Release of Application form||November 1st, 2018 from 11.30 am|
|Last date of Receiving Online Application||December 7th, 2018|
|Last date for Successful Payment of Application Fee||December 8th, 2018|
|Correction of Application||January 14th to 31st, 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||April 15th, 2019|
|NEET 2019 Examination Date||May 5th, 2019 – 2 pm to 5 pm|
|Declaration of results||By June 5, 2019|
NEET(UG) 2019 Important Books
Students are advised to study the NCERT books thoroughly for NEET(UG) 2019. However, there are some other good books that can be helpful in clearing concepts and practising so that you have an edge in NEET(UG) 2019 preparation.
Engineering Students? Read Below Lines Carefully
Download IIT JEE Main Study Material or Read Free Click Here
- Best Physics Books for NEET(UG) 2019 Preparation
- NCERT Physics Part 1 and Part 2
- Concepts of Physics Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 by H.C. Verma
- Objective Physics by Prakash Arya
- Best Biology Books for NEET(UG) 2019 Preparation
- NCERT Biology Part 1 and Part 2
- Modern’s ABC of Biology by Arora
- Exploring Biology by Sanjay Sharma
- Objective Biology by K.N. Bhatia
- Best Chemistry Books for NEET(UG) 2019 Preparation
- NCERT Chemistry Part 1 and Part 2
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry
- Objective Chemistry by S. Dinesh
NEET(UG) 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Age Limit: The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to MBBS or BDS course via NEET 2019.
- Upper Age Limit: 25 years as on date of examination with a 5 year relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates and persons with disability according to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates will be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS via NEET(UG) 2019 only if they have passed in their qualifying examination with Physics, Biology / Bio-Technology, Chemistry and English and have secured the minimum qualifying marks in Physics, Biology / Biotechnology and Chemistry taken together. The minimum qualifying marks are:
- SC / ST / OBC – 40%
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) – 45%
- Unreserved – 50%
- Overseas Candidates – 50%
- Reservation of Seats: The following percentage of seats will be reserved for each category in Government Medical Colleges under the 15% All India Quota.
- SC – 15%
- ST – 7.5%
- OBC – 27%
- PwD – 5%
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit on maximum number of attempts for NEET(UG) 2019.
NEET(UG) 2019 Application Form
The application form for NEET(UG) 2019 can be filled online only from the website www.ntaneet.nic.in. The last date for filling the online application form was 7th December, 2018. Corrections in the application form can be made between 14th January to 31st January, 2019.
NEET(UG) 2019 Examination Pattern
- Total Number of Questions: NEET(UG) 2019 examination will consist of 180 Questions.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with only one correct response.
- Total Maximum Marks: 180 x 4 = 720.
- Subject wise Weightage: Physics – 45 Questions (180 marks); Chemistry – 45 Questions (180 marks), Biology – 90 Questions (320 marks) with Botany (45 Questions) and Zoology (45 Questions)
- Marks for Correct Response: 4 marks will be awarded for correct answer.
- Negative Marks for Incorrect Response: 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect response.
- Duration: The test duration will be 3 hours.
- Languages of Question Paper: Besides English and Hindi, the question paper will be available in 9 other languages, Urdu, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Odia, Assamese, Kannada, Gujarati and Bengali.
- Examination Mode: The examination will be conducted offline, in Pen and Paper Mode only.
NEET(UG) 2019 Syllabus
- Physics Syllabus
Physical World and Measurement; Kinematics; Laws of Motion; Work, Energy and Power; Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body; Gravitation; Properties of Bulk Matter; Thermodynamics; Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory; Oscillations and Waves; Electrostatics; Current Electricity; Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism; Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents; Electromagnetic Waves; Optics; Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation; Atoms and Nuclei; Electronic Devices
- Chemistry Syllabus
Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry; Structure of Atom; Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties; Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure; States of Matter – Liquids and Gases; Thermodynamics; Equilibrium; Redox Reactions; Hydrogen; s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth metals); Some p-Block elements; Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques; Hydrocarbons; Environmental Chemistry; Solid State; solutions; Electrochemistry; Chemical Kinetics; Surface Chemistry; General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements; p-Block elements; d and f-Block elements; Coordination Compounds; Haloalkanes; Haloarenes; Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers; Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids; Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen; Biomolecules; Polymers; Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Biology Syllabus
Diversity in Living World; Structural Organization in Animals and Plants; Cell Structure and Functions; Plant Physiology; Human Physiology; Reproduction; Genetics and Evolution; Biology and Human Welfare; Biotechnology and its Applications; Ecology and Environment
NEET(UG) 2019 Official Website
The official website for NEET(UG) 2019 is www.ntaneet.nic.in. Application form filling, correction of details, downloading of admit cards, results and details regarding counseling will be available on official website.
NEET(UG) 2019 Preparation
- Get the Basics Right: NCERT books are the best for mastering the basics. Students are advised to go through them thoroughly.
- Make your own Notes: Students can benefit by making their own notes for NEET. They can list the important concepts, definitions and formulae for reference and revision.
- Study Plan: It is important to list the strong and weak topics while preparing for NEET. Each student has her/his own strengths and weaknesses and students should plan in advance so that they can cover and revise the topics they are not comfortable in for best result.
- Revision Strategy: Students should ideally revise the entire syllabus at least thrice. The total time devoted to each revision cycle should be half the previous revision cycle starting from 40 days for first revision cycle.
- Mock Tests: Students should sit for as many mock tests as possible to get accustomed to examination pattern, mindset and environment. This would also help them assess their preparation and mark out areas that require more practice and revision.
NEET(UG) 2019 Cut-Off
The expected cut-off marks for qualifying NEET(UG) 2019, based on the 2018 results is as follows:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range|
|Unreserved PwD||45th Percentile||118-107|
NEET(UG) 2019 Examination Result
The result of NEET(UG) 2019 is expected on 5th June, 2019. Candidates should check the official website for result.