BITSAT 2018 Exam is a university level entrance test which is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani.
It gives admission in various degree of both UG and PG programmes like B.Tech, B.Pharma and M.Sc. courses. The candidates who are willing to study in BITS campus, then Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test is the most sought university entrance exam. The exam is organised by CBT (Computer Based Test).
Engineering Students? Read Below Lines Carefully
Download IIT JEE Main Study Material or Read Free Click Here
BITSAT 2018 Exam Summary
|1||Exam Name||Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test.|
|3||Conducting Authority||BITS Pilani University|
|4||Courses||Engineering and Pharmacy|
|5||Exam type||University Level|
BITSAT 2018 Courses Offered
|1||B.E. (Hons.)||Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing|
|2||B.Pharm (Hons.)||Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math|
|3||M.Sc. (Hons.)||Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.|
|4||M.Sc. (Tech)||General Studies.|
BITSAT 2018 Application Form
- The application form of the BITSAT can be filled and submitted by the candidates on the official site of the BITSAT.
- For the BITSAT exam, there will be no offline application form available.
- The BITSAT application form fee includes 2750/- and Rs.2250/- for female candidates.
- And if the students applying for BITSAT has opted Dubai as a test centre, the application fee will be the US $60 (Rs.4000/-)to both male and female candidates.
- The payment for the BITSAT application fee is made by net banking, credit/debit card or by cash payment at any branch of ICICI Bank.
- Also, it is advised to the Candidates to keep the printout of filled application form for further use.
BITSAT 2018 Eligibility
- The Candidate who is applying must have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam either any state or central board of school education and should have 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- They also should have secured 60% marks separately in each of the three subjects.
- The candidates who are Toppers from any education boards need not take up the examination and they are directly given admission to any of the BITS campuses.
- Another requirement of BITSAT exam is Proficiency in English, and only those candidates, who are appearing in class 12thor have cleared 12th, can be eligible for BITSAT.
- If the candidates have secured top rankers or candidates with Rank 1 in the central or state boards in India will be given admissions to the programmes of he/she wishes to take, irrespective of their score/rank in BITSAT, but that candidates should meet the eligibility criteria.
- If the Candidates who are already involved in the BITS campus are not allowed to apply, and the candidates must have adequate proficiency in English.
BITSAT 2018 Exam pattern
The exam pattern that is included in theBirla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test are as follows:
- The examination mode of the Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test will be through online mode which is computer based mode.
- The examination question paper will include 4 sections.
- The time provided for the BITSAT entrance exam is 3 hours.
- The examination question paper will include a total of 150 objective type questions.
- And the marking scheme of the BITSAT exam are for each correct response 3 marks will be given and 1 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|(I) English Proficiency||15|
|(II) Logical Reasoning||10|
BITSAT 2018 Syllabus
BITSAT 2018 syllabus will include all in the NCERT books for 11th and 12th class. The questions for the BITSAT entrance exam will be asked from different topics such as Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics and Biology.
The syllabus for the Physics in BITSAT includes
- Units & Measurement
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Impulse and Momentum
- Work and Energy
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Rotation Motion
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Modern Physics
- Electronic Devices
The syllabus for the chemistry in BITSAT includes
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Chemical Kinetics
- Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
- Physical and Chemical Equilibrium
- Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
- Hydrogen and s-block elements
- p- d- and f-block elements
- Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
The syllabus for the English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning in BITSAT includes
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-verbal Reasoning
The syllabus for the Mathematics in BITSAT includes
- Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Mathematical modelling
The syllabus for the Biology in BITSAT includes
- Diversity in Living World
- Reproduction and Development in Humans
- Ecology and Environment
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Structure and Function – Animals
- Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function
- Genetics and Evolution
- Structure and Function – Plants
BITSAT Exam is almost similar to Jee Main Exam.