HSEE 2018 Exam Date, Syllabus
The HSEE 2018 Exam will be organised by IIT Madras. The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) is an organisation of national importance recognised through an Act of Parliament. IIT Madras Held HSEE 2018 Exam. It offers quality education in Humanities, Sciences, Engineering, Management and Technology at UG/PG level. The abstract environment encourages an all-round and all-inclusive growth of behaviour, excellence in facts, self-possession, discipline, and values of accountable still, and citizenship. The academic programs of the Organization have a credit based system, which compromises flexibility to obtain knowledge and skill in a diversity of disciplines.
THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES AT IITM
Engineering Students? Read Below Lines Carefully
Download IIT JEE Main Study Material or Read Free Click Here
The Section of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) is one of the first departments at IITM. The department is basically multi-disciplinary in nature and has the ability from diverse streams, such as Development Studies, Economics, Health Studies, History, International Relations, Philosophy, Politics, English, Environmental Studies, Film Studies, and Sociology. The section suggests doctoral programs in humankind and social sciences also optional courses for the student and postgraduate programs of the Organization.
HSEE 2018 Exam Date
|Online Application Form date||December 2017|
|Payment for the application form start||December 2017|
|Payment for the application form end||January 2018|
|Final date for Submitting Online Application||January 2018|
|Last date to check the application status||February 2018|
|Admit Card issue Date||March 2018|
|Admit Card issue date||April 2018|
|HSEE 2018 Exam Date||April 2018|
|Result Declaration Date||May 2018|
|Offer Letters to Candidates||May 2018|
HSEE 2018 ADMISSION METHOD
Admission is merely through Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE). The program has total sets of 46, each branch will have 23 seats. Distributions of seats to individual streams will be made based on the academic performance of students during the first three semesters, student’s first choice, and obtain ability of seats under each discipline.
HSEE 2018 Syllabus
- Reading skills: This check the candidate’s comprehension skills
- Grammar: This check the candidate’s knowledge of English grammar.
- Vocabulary: it tests candidate’s ability to understand meaning
- Analytical and Quantitative Ability
- Numbers, HCM/LCM, Calendar, Algebra
- Basic Statistics – Average, Age sums, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Work and time, Simple and Compound Interest, Discount, linear equations, elementary trigonometry, Ratio and proportion
- Data interpretation, Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning, Brainteasers, and Patterns.
- Indian Economy
- World Affairs
- Environment and Ecology
- Indian Society and Culture
Part II Syllabus
In this section, a topic will be given to the candidates and he needs to write an article on the topic, the topic of the article will be related to current affairs.
Candidates applying for HSEE must have passed any one of the following qualifying examinations listed below:-
- 12th class conducted by CBSE
- Intermediate or 2 Pre-University examination recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the 2 year course of the Joint Services Wing of the NDA
- SSCE (Senior Secondary School Examination) conducted by the NIIT
- Any Public School equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities. H.S.C. vocational examination
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination
HSEE 2018 EXAM PATTERN
Type of Question Paper of HSEE-2018 is of 3 hours duration and which has 2 parts.
Part I contains an object type that is multiple choice questions for 2½ hours duration, directed through the computer.
Part II includes essay writing which is of 30 minutes to be written on answer sheet circulated to the aspirants at the end of Part I.
Part I covers the subsequent topics:
- English and Ability Skill;
- Analytical and Numerical Ability;
- General Studies covering the areas of Indian Economics, Indian Humanity, Contemporary World Matters;
- Environment and Natural science.
Part II needs the aspirants to write an essay on the general topic involving description.
The Language of Question Paper of HSEE is English.
Items Illegal in the Examination Hall: Electronic devices like mobile phone, calculator, iPod, iPad and headphones, etc. are NOT ALLOWABLE in the examination hall.
HSEE 2018 ELIGIBILITY
Succeeding Examination of HSEE:
Aspirants who put on for HSEE-2018 must have accepted any one of the subsequent qualifying inspections for the first time in 2017 or should be performing in 2018.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, directed by a Central or State Board renowned by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination directed by a Board or University predictable by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Senior Secondary School Examination directed by the National Institute of Open HSEE-2017, Information Catalog, IIT Madras 11 Schooling with a least of five subjects.
- The Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country acknowledged as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Submission of Indian Universities.
- Aspirants who have finalised their Class 12thexamfrom outer India must yield a documentation from the Suggestion of Indian Campuses to the effect that the analysis they have passed corresponding to the Class 12thexamination.