JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates shall carefully read the Eligibility Criteria before applying. The governing authority for JEE Main 2019 is National Testing Agency (NTA) which has issued a new set of eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2019. These include the following:
- Identity Proof: Aadhaar Number is not mandatory to apply for JEE Main 2019. Any valid Identity Proof which might include Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID card, Bank Account Number etc. can be used.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: Applicants who are seeking admission into NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and centrally funded State institutions, on the basis of Merit List should have a minimum 75% score in class XIIth examination or equivalent qualifying examination. The minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates is 65%. If this criterion is not applicable, then the candidate should be in top 20% percentile of class XIIth examination in their respective board.
- Year of Passing Qualifying Exam: Only the candidates who have passed class XIIth or equivalent qualifying exam in 2017 or 2018, or are appearing in 2019 can apply for JEE Main 2019.
- Number of Subjects: Candidates should have passed or opted for at least 5 subjects in qualifying exam to apply for JEE Main 2019.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to apply for JEE Main 2019. However, there may be an upper age limit for admission to various colleges and candidates should check this beforehand as it would limit their options later.
- Diploma: Diploma of minimum 3 years duration, recognized by AICTE and State Board of Technical Education can be considered as a qualifying examination for admission to IITs.
- Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam: Candidates from these states can fill the examination center in their respective states only.
- State of Eligibility for Improvement Candidates:
- Candidates who are appearing for an improvement examination for Class XII Board may note that their State of Eligibility will be the one they appeared in the Board or equivalent examination from.
- Candidates who have studied abroad should choose their State of Eligibility depending upon the permanent address in Indian Passport.
- National Indian Open School candidates should choose their State of Eligibility where their Study Center is located.
- List of Qualifying Examination:
- Class XII examination conducted by a recognized central/State board, such as CBSE New Delhi or CISCE New Delhi etc.
- Final Examination of 2-year course of JSW of NDA.
- Senior Secondary School Examination of NIOS.
- Any public board examination considered equivalent to 10+2 by Association of Indian Universities.
The following examinations are considered as qualifying by IITs only:
Engineering Students? Read Below Lines Carefully
Download IIT JEE Main Study Material or Read Free Click Here
- HSC Vocational Examination
- Diploma of minimum 3 years duration, recognized by AICTE and State Board of Technical Education.
- GCE Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at Advanced (A) Level
- Higher School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of IB office, Geneva.