NEST 2018 is a national level entrance exam planned by the joint scheme of National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Brilliance in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS).
It is systematized for admission to the five-year combined M.Sc program offered by NISER and UM-DAE CBS. This exam is directed once in a year in about 59 cities through the country. Applicants may get the detailed information about NEST 2018 including the application form, eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus in this article.
Engineering Students? Read Below Lines Carefully
Download IIT JEE Main Study Material or Read Free Click Here
NEST 2018 Exam Date
|Application Form Start Date||January 2018|
|Last date to apply||March 2018|
|Admit card available||April 2018|
|Exam Date||May 2018|
|Result Date||June 2018|
NEST 2018 Scholarship
SEMCI India conducts the NEST exam in all the major cities in the India. The aim of this exam is that students can prepare them self for the exam like CAR, GATE, GRE, TOEFL etc.
NEST 2018 Application Form
- Aspirants can fill and give in to the NEST 2018 Application Form only through online method.
- The application form for this examination is not accessible over offline method.
- The application form of NEST was obtainable from the 2nd January 2018 until 6th March 2018.
- Aspirants have to fill the application form with all particulars and upload the scanned photos along with.
- The filled application form will be yield by only online.
- The application payment is 700/-for male aspirants of General/OBC category and Rs. 350/- for SC/ST/PD and all female aspirants.
- The fee payment can be completed over debit/credit card, net banking or through DD of any bank drawn on the approval of NISER-NEST and payable at Bhubaneswar.
NEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for NEST 2017 is stated below:
Age limit for applicants:
- Aspirants born on or after 1 August 1997 for general and OBC aspirants are suitable to apply.
- The relaxation of five years in age boundary is given for SC, ST and PD aspirants.
NEST 2018 Education qualification
- Aspirants should have passed 12th or equivalent exam with any mixture of Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics or Biology subjects.
- Aspirants should have passed 12th or equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 are adequate to apply.
- Aspirants who have passed 12th or equivalent test before 2015 are not suitable to apply.
- Aspirants appearing in the 12th or equivalent test are also suitable to apply.
- For admission in M.Sc programme , aspirants must obtain minimum 60% for general & OBC aspirants and 55% for SC, ST and PD aspirants in the 12th or equivalent exam.
- Aspirants must obtain a position in NEST merit list.
NEST 2018 Exam Pattern
- The exam paper of NEST will be distributed into five sections which contain the general section of 30 marks & four subject sections of 50 marks each.
- The five divisions are General aptitude, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Section 1 will be requiredfor all while section 2 to 5 will be from subjects as chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics.
- Aspirants can take any section.
- Only three maximum scored sections will be considered for merit calculation.
- The type of language will be English only.
- The question paper will comprise objective type questions.
- The Negative marking will be done for subjects section only. No negative marking in general section of the NEST.
- The question paper will be questioned in OMR pattern.
- The question paper will comprise of total 230 marks.
NEST 2018 CUT-OFF
The following factors to prepare the NEST Cutoff 2017.
- Number of Candidates appeared for the NEST exam.
- No of aspirants qualified the exam.
- Difficulty level of NEST question paper
- Number of Seats present.
- And Sectional Cut Off.
Majorly plan your study preparations. Prepare a timetable and divide time equally for all the subjects of NEST test. Aspirants should prepare for the exam according to the syllabus. Comprise the best preparation books and previous years question papers in your study material. Write down difficult topics and discuss them with your teachers and classmates, by doing this you can easily crack the exam.